Having Acne, Dry, Itchy and Irritation skin often? You are probably washing your face the wrong way.
Posted by Shan Kao on
Washing your face is an essential daily routine, but did you do it right? Improper washing could leads to acne, skin irritation and excess sebum production on skin.
Below are the common mistakes we will make when washing our face.
- Washing your face with dirty hands.
Our hands will have bacteria from things we touch, like doorknob, light switches, phone, keyboards, keys…etc. Those bacteria will easily transfer to you face when you splash the water on your face without washing your hands. So remember to wash your hands with soap before washing your face.
- Washing your face with cold or hot water.
Cold water will shut pores, makes you couldn't clean it thoroughly, and hot water will let your skin being over cleaned, also leads to skin irritation, so the best is to use lukewarm water around 25°C.
Usually we won't measure the temperature of water, just try to look for the temperature that you could barely feel the heat or coldness of the water.
- Using towel to tap dry your face.
Your towel are usually full of bacteria, because they’re often damp, warm and absorbent, and they hang in dark bathrooms, it the perfect environment for bacteria to grow. You don’t want to put back the bacteria to your face after washing, you can use tissue paper or dry linen to tap dry your face.
- Washing your face too often
Over cleaning your face might lead to skin irritation and cause your sebaceous glands produce even more oil to make up for the loss. Ideally you should be washing your face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, with the exception of after workouts and excessive sweating.
Follow below cleansing steps to a healthy looking skin:
- Wash your hand with soap to remove dirt, bacteria and other residue.
- Wet your face with lukewarm water to open pores.
- Pump the top of the Cleansing Foam 3-4 times.
- Apply cleansing foam using your fingertips and massage your face in a circular motion, focusing most of your time on the T-zone, the jawline and the hairline.
- Rinse with lukewarm water thoroughly and check if there's still foam on your face, especially on nose, eye socket, jawline, neck and hairline.
- Pat dry with tissue or clean towel, make sure not to rub as this can irritate skin.
- Apply moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
cbd oil benefits amazon cbd oil cbd vape oil cannabidiol oil